Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Foundation, foundation, foundation!

I've been meaning to buy these products for a while now and just yesterday I had the opportunity to go and pick them up.

The first is the Australis Fresh and Flawless powder. Many compare it to MAC's Studio Fix powder and for $11.40 it is a much more affordable powder foundation.

Its a fuller coverage and I like to dust it over the top of my set makeup when I need a little bit of extra coverage. I do it over the top of my foundation routine otherwise I end up using way too much product if I use it as my setting powder and it's not only a waste of product but it can also get quite cakey on my skin.

I think this would be better suited to a more oily skin type and although I am quite dehydrated, with the right skincare, this still works for my skin.

This is the lightest shade I could see and surprisingly it's more yellow-toned as opposed to pink! I think I personally need to apply a light layer of fake tan or get some more colour before this matches PERFECTLY on my skin.




The next is the infamous Nude by Nature mineral powder. I have wanted to try this for a while but all of the shades that I was aware of were so pink and would look absolutely ridiculous on my skin tone. I am an NC15 so very fair and quite yellow-toned and when I saw this colour in "Light", I knew it was probably going to be the best suited colour for me.

This was a little more on the pricey side at about $40. I have only tried it once so I am not quite sure yet how much I like it and if i could justify spending the money on a loose powder again. I generally go through loose powders very very quickly as I like to build coverage on my skin so we'll see how this goes.



Sophie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!